ON SET CINEMA
ON SET CINEMA is an ongoing film series that takes fandom a step further with rare movie screenings of cult favorites and horror classics at their actual filming locations. Created by Kenny Caperton, who lives in a life-size replica of Michael Myers’ house from John Carpenter’s original Halloween.
We all know there's only so close you can get to a movie when you're watching it at home from the couch …but what if you could step into the screen for a moment? Watch movies like Beetlejuice, It Follows, The Blob and The Shining at the actual spots where a lot of the action takes place - whether that’s inside a small town department store where Sarah Michelle Gellar ran for her life in I Know What You Did Last Summer or at a California mansion where Sidney Prescott and Billy Loomis face off during the climax of Scream, ON SET CINEMA takes you there!
• March 29 & March 30, 2020: The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) (Kingsland, TX)
• April 25, 2020: Edward Scissorhands (Lutz, FL)
• June 5-7, 2020: Friday The 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (Rutledge, GA) SOLD OUT!
SUNDAY, MARCH 29 & MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2020: THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE (1974)
Kingsland, Texas • Grand Central Café (aka The Texas Chain Saw Massacre House)
Who will survive On Set Cinema: The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and what will be left of them? Join us at one of the most iconic horror movie locations of all time …The Texas Chain Saw Massacre house! Some of the most memorable and horrifying scenes in horror film history took place inside this house - on Sunday, March 29 and Monday, March 30, 2020, a limited number of fans will get the opportunity to not only hang out and watch Texas Chain Saw inside the house, but will also get to stay all night inside this iconic location!
OSC will be clearing out Grand Central Café for the coolest horror slumber party ever! I will be setting up a TV inside the room where the infamous dining room scene took place and we’ll have a Texas Chain Saw-a-thon all night long! …we can watch the original on repeat, or the entire series from start to finish …OR just skip everything and watch The Next Generation over and over again. Fans will be able to hang out and sleep wherever they want inside the house …in the hallway where we first see Leatherface emerge from the doorway and smash Kirk in the head with the sledgehammer, or in the room that was filled with bones and chicken feathers discovered by Pam just before she gets snatched up and hung on the hook, or even upstairs where Sally finds Grandpa in the rocking chair. There will also be games (horror games, board games, video games, etc) and of course a BBQ dinner with headcheese on the side! So fill up your chainsaws and get ready to join the family!
***** 21+ ONLY EVENT. Admission includes one overnight stay inside the Texas Chain Saw Massacre house. Event check in will be at 4:00pm and check out will be Noon the next day. Admission also includes games, movie showings, BBQ dinner, drinks, snacks and A STANDARD TWIN SIZE AIR MATTRESS TO SLEEP ON. Guests must provide their own blankets, sheets and pillows. Since the house is currently a restaurant, it has restrooms but does not have showers.
WARNINGS: TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-EXCHANGEABLE FOR ANY REASON, UNLESS EVENT IS CANCELLED. BY PURCHASING TICKETS YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. NO DRUGS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED. ALCOHOL IS PERMITTED, BUT YOU MUST DRINK RESPONSIBLY.
• Location: Grand Central Café - 1010 King Ct, Kingsland, TX 78639
• Dates / Time: ONLY 13 SPOTS AVAILABLE EACH NIGHT - Sunday, March 29, 2020 (check in 4pm / check out Noon) OR Monday, March 30, 2020 (check in 4pm / check out Noon)
Sunday, March 29: $400 (includes one overnight stay inside the Texas Chain Saw Massacre house, games, movie showings, BBQ dinner, drinks, snacks and a standard twin size air mattress to sleep on)
Monday, March 30: $350 (includes one overnight stay inside the Texas Chain Saw Massacre house, games, movie showings, BBQ dinner, drink, snacks and a standard twin size air mattress to sleep on)
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS. If you want to save on fees, you can Paypal me directly. Send message via contact form at the bottom of this page with the event date you want to attend and the amount of tickets you want to purchase, and I’ll reply ASAP.
• Facebook event page / IMDb / Movie trailer
SATURDAY, APRIL 25, 2020: EDWARD SCISSORHANDS
Lutz, Florida • The Boggs’ House
Hello, Avon calling! Stop creeping around in the shadows of your gothic mansion and join ON SET CINEMA for the ultimate Edward Scissorhands event on Saturday, April 25, 2020 in Lutz, Florida. We are taking you to the once pastel-colored, topiary-lined suburban neighborhood where Tim Burton created one of the most beloved cult classic movies of all time! For the first time ever, fans will be able to visit, tour and hang out at the Boggs’ family home. So many unforgettable scenes from the movie took place at this house - this is where Peg (Dianne Wiest) first takes Edward (Johnny Depp) after leaving the castle, where Edward trims his first hedge into a dinosaur, where the neighborhood barbecue takes place, where Kim (Winona Ryder) first meets Edward in her bedroom, where Edward cuts everyone's hair and where the beautiful ice dance scene takes place.
So join us and become complete! On Set Cinema will be taking fans on a neighborhood filming locations walking tour, as well as an interior tour of the Boggs' house. Afterwards, everyone will be able to kick back and relax under the puffy blue skies in the backyard for a neighborhood barbecue. Food and drinks will be available for purchase. Fans will also have the opportunity to get their haircut in the backyard! We encourage everyone to come dressed as your favorite Tim Burton / Edward Scissorhands character or in your brightest / most pastel colored outfit. We will all end the night with a very special outdoor screening of Edward Scissorhands in the backyard where it all takes place! Who's bringing the ambrosia salad?
WARNINGS: TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-EXCHANGEABLE FOR ANY REASON, UNLESS EVENT IS CANCELLED. BY PURCHASING TICKETS YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED AT THIS EVENT.
• Location: The Boggs’ House - Lutz, Florida (exact address will be emailed to ticket holders)
• Date / Time: Saturday, April 25, 2020
- 5:00pm - 5:15pm: Event check-in
- 5:15pm - 6:00pm: Neighborhood filming locations walking tour
- 6:00pm - 6:30pm: Boggs’ house interior walk-through tour
- 6:00pm - 8:30pm: Backyard barbecue and haircuts
- 8:30pm: Outdoor movie screening in backyard
• Admission: $60 - includes neighborhood filming locations walking tour, Boggs’ house interior walk-through tour, access to the backyard barbecue/haircuts (food, drinks and haircuts are additional costs) and outdoor movie screening.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS. If you want to save on fees, you can Paypal me directly. Send message via contact form at the bottom of this page with the amount of tickets you want to purchase, and I’ll reply ASAP.
• Facebook event page / IMDb / Movie trailer
FRIDAY, JUNE 5 - SUNDAY, JUNE 7, 2020: FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI: JASON LIVES - SOLD OUT!
Rutledge, Georgia • Hard Labor Creek State Park / Camp Daniel Morgan (aka Camp Crystal Lake)
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT!
Get ready campers! ON SET CINEMA is taking you back to Camp Blood for the ultimate Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives event! On Friday, June 5 - Sunday, June 7, 2020 - Kill or be killed at Camp Daniel Morgan (aka Camp Crystal Lake …aka Camp Forest Green) at Hard Labor Creek State Park in Rutledge, Georgia where the majority of JASON LIVES was filmed - see where Sheriff Mike Garris gets bent completely in half by Jason, walk on the pier where Officer Thornton gets a dart to the forehead, hang out in the cabin where Sissy gets snatched out of the window and her head twisted off or swim in the lake where Tommy fights Jason during the movies’ climactic ending!
Fans will enjoy an entire weekend of summer camp - shared cabin camping with bunk beds, games (egg toss, corn hole, paintball, board games, Nintendo and more!), camp fires with friends, roasting marshmallows and making s’mores, watching VHS horror movies on tube TV's, swimming and canoeing in Crystal Lake and of course a complimentary big screen showing of Friday the 13th Part VI on Saturday night! …but remember campers, Jason will be watching! …Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma …Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma…
***** 18+ ONLY EVENT. Admission includes shared cabin lodging for both nights. Cabins are old-school and RUSTIC with twin size beds and bunk beds - there is NO A/C inside cabins, but there is electricity (limited outlets), so be sure to bring a box fan. Cabins will be assigned to you at check in on Friday, June 5th at the camp. If you want to guarantee that you stay with certain people, I suggest buying all tickets together as one purchase. If purchased separately you may request to room with a certain person or group, but it’s not guaranteed. Most cabins sleep up to 8 people and some cabins have bunk beds. Please bring your own bed sheets, sleeping bags and pillows - they will not be provided. Admission also includes all games and events, big screen movie showing of JASON LIVES (scheduled for Saturday night, but could be moved to Friday night depending on the weather), firewood, s’mores, canoes and more. Food is NOT INCLUDED - all campers must provide their own food for the weekend (there is a full kitchen at the camp with a big refrigerator for shared use). Also, please bring a camping chair for movie screening. And finally, admission also includes SOAP …soap for days and days.
WARNINGS: TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-EXCHANGEABLE FOR ANY REASON, UNLESS EVENT IS CANCELLED. BY PURCHASING TICKETS YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. NO DRUGS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED (THIS INCLUDES WEED). HARD LABOR IS A STATE PARK AND WE MUST ABIDE BY STATE PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS. IF YOU ARE CAUGHT DOING DRUGS, YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY ASKED TO LEAVE WITHOUT REFUND. ALCOHOL IS PERMITTED IF YOU’RE 21+ BUT YOU MUST DRINK RESPONSIBLY.
• Location: Hard Labor Creek State Park - 5 Hard Labor Creek Rd, Rutledge, GA 30663
• Dates / Time: June 5th (check in 5pm) - June 7th (check out Noon) - FULL EVENT SCHEDULE COMING SOON!
• Admission: THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT!
• Facebook event page / IMDb / Movie trailer
• THE SHINING (December 2019) Government Camp, OR at Timberline Lodge (aka The Overlook Hotel) SOLD OUT!
• THE PROWLER (1981) (November 2019) Cape May, NJ at The Inn of Cape May with Special Guest Vicky Dawson (final girl Pam MacDonald). Photo op with Vicky next to Rosemary's fireplace at The Southern Mansion. SOLD OUT!
• THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL (November 2019) Lakeville, CT at The House of the Devil, with tour of the entire house and graveyard from the movie. Movie screening video introduction by Jocelin Donahue
• I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER (October 2019) Southport, NC at the Amuzu Theatre, aka the Southport Community Theatre, with filming locations tour and cook out at Barry's house. SOLD OUT!
• IT FOLLOWS (September 2019 - 2 screenings) Detroit, MI at the University of Detroit Mercy inside Jay’s classroom and at the historic Redford Theatre where Jay goes on a date with Hugh to see the movie Charade. Special Guests Leisa Pulido (Mrs. Hannigan / IT), Ruby Harris (Mrs. Redmond / IT) and Alexyss Spradlin (IT in kitchen) - all first ever signing appearances
• FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI: JASON LIVES (August 2019) Rutledge, GA at Hard Labor Creek State Park (aka Camp Crystal Lake) with video introduction by C.J. Graham (Jason Voorhees). An entire weekend of summer camp - shared cabin camping with bunk beds, games, camp fires, watching VHS horror movies on tube TVs, swimming and canoeing in Crystal Lake, big screen outdoor showing of Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, Part III & Part IV. SOLD OUT!
• BEETLEJUICE (July 2019) East Corinth, VT at the historic Box B Barn (in the heart of East Corinth next to the cemetery, town church, barber shop, Maitland Hardware, Lydia's school and the covered bridge). The production used this barn as the location where they built all the sets while filming in the town.
• THE BLOB (1988) (June 2019) Abbeville, LA at Magdalen Square (in the heart of Abbeville next to the "Victor Theatre," the police station, the cafe, town hall, opening shot / ending, etc)
• BLUE VELVET (May 2019) Wilmington, NC at Savorez Restaurant (aka Arlene’s Diner) with Special Guest Jeff Goodwin (makeup and special effects artist) and Mr. Ear
• THE MUTILATOR / FALL BREAK (May 2019) Atlantic Beach, NC at The Mutilator beach house, inside the garage, with Special Guests Bill Hitchcock (Ralph), Ruth Martinez (Pam), Connie Rogers (Sue), Trace Cooper (Young Ed Jr), Pamela Cooper (Mother), Buddy Cooper (writer / director) & Ed Ferrell (special fx makeup) and video introduction by Matt Mitler (Ed Jr.)
• SCREAM 2 (April 2019) Decatur, GA at Agnes Scott College (aka Windsor College) on the quad with filming locations tour and Special Guest Elise Neal (first ever signing appearance)
• TWILIGHT (March 2019) Portland, OR at Madison High School (aka Forks High School) inside the cafeteria with tours of the biology classroom and school hallways (including Bella's locker). SOLD OUT!
• THE CONJURING (February 2019) Wilmington, NC at The Motel. Movie screening inside motel room and tour of the The Conjuring house. SOLD OUT!
• FINAL EXAM (December 2018) Gaffney, SC at Limestone College (aka Lanier College) inside the Final Exam classroom with Special Guest Rodger Painter (Still Photographer & 2nd Assistant Camera) and video introduction by Timothy L. Raynor
• SCREAM (October 2018) Santa Rosa, CA at Stu's House with Special Guests Roger Jackson (the voice of Ghostface), Kurtis Bedford (Stu's House Party Goer) & Joleen Nordstrom (Courteney Cox's Stunt Double)
• HALLOWEEN (1978) (October 2018) South Pasadena, CA at The Myers House / SugarMynt Gallery with Special Guests Kim Gottlieb-Walker (H1 & H2 Still Photographer) & Erik Preston (Young Michael Myers H4). SOLD OUT!
• THE STRANGERS: PREY AT NIGHT (August 2018) Falmouth, KY at The Pool at Kincaid Lake State Park with Special Guests Damian Maffei (Man in the Mask), Lea Enslin (Pin-Up Girl), Leah Roberts (Young Mother), Gabriel A. Byrne (Young Son), Jodi Byrne (Head Makeup Artist), Beki Ingram (Special Effects Makeup Department Head), Lydia Hand (Dollface Stunt Double), Nick Pirrmann (Location Manager), Chris Polczinski (Sound Mixer), Tash Ann (Sound), Brandon Suico (Built Trucks) & THE HERO TRUCK
• THE STRANGERS (August 2018) Florence, SC at Pee Dee Shrine Club (The Strangers Wedding Reception Building) with video introduction by Kip Weeks
• I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER (July 2018) Burgaw, NC at Harrell's Dept Store (aka Shivers Dept Store) with Special Guest Rasool J'Han (Deb)
• EMPIRE RECORDS (June 2018) Wilmington, NC at Rebellion NC (aka Empire Records) with video introduction by Johnny Whitworth
ON SET CINEMA: ABOUT
ON SET CINEMA is the brainchild of Kenny Caperton. Growing up in the 80s & 90s, like most kids at the time, he spent Friday nights wandering the aisles of local video stores with friends or at home eating junk food while watching late night cable television. Caperton has always been fascinated by movies, but his love runs much deeper than the average person. He has assimilated his passion for cinema into real life - for almost 20 years Caperton has been taking "vacation" trips all over the US & Canada to visit filming locations from his favorite movies and TV shows: The Shining, Empire Records, It Follows, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, The Goonies, Scream, Dawson's Creek, Scott Pilgrim VS The World, Stranger Things ...the list goes on and on. He even made a full length feature film that got worldwide distribution without taking a single filmmaking class. Caperton took everything to an entirely new level in 2008 when he decided to build and live in a life-size replica of the infamous Michael Myers' house from his favorite movie of all time - John Carpenter's 1978 horror classic, Halloween.
Kenny truly understands what it means to immerse oneself in something they love and has integrated this into his daily life. Now he wants to share that experience with other fans through On Set Cinema!
ON SET CINEMA
• OSC / MHNC Facebook
• OSC / MHNC Instagram
My partner in crime! Lauren has been a part of On Set Cinema since day one! Part mermaid, head merch girl and button queen.